Various Models of Wireless AC PCI Network Adapter
There are various models of high speed of wireless PCI network adapter for desktop computers
Why Wireless PCI
You can install two types of wireless adapters for desktop computers i.e. PCI or USB. In my preference in selecting the wireless adapter, USB wireless adapter would be my first choice instead of PCI wireless network adapter.
USB is preference
Why? Installing the PCI adapter requires an extra effort compared to the USB adapter.
Firstly because you have to open the computer case and install the adapter by inserting it into the available PCI slots. If your computer is still under warranty period, you will break the warranty seal that means the warranty would be void. This is not a good idea.
Secondly, PCI adapter can only be used on a desktop computer with PCI slot available. You may not use on a laptop except mini PCI express adapter.
Computer accessible by public
However, in some circumstances PCI would be more desirable than USB, for example desktop computer that is accessible by the public without supervision. Or in industrial location where many employees work around, USB will be very easily removed or stolen. So in this case the PCI will be more secure from theft because it is planted inside the computer except the computer is stolen.
Various PCI wireless Network Adapter models
The following lists some of the popular wireless PCI network adapter based on recent wireless AC technology you can consider to upgrade your desktop for lag-free online gaming and smooth ultra-HD video streaming.
Is your desktop gaming computer not equipped with high speed wireless adapter so that you frequently experience lagging when playing online game? Having high speed wifi AC network in place which is powered by latest wireless AC router such as D-link 890L AC3200 router or probably you have already upgrading your wireless modem gateway with latest Netgear C7000 cable modem router combo would be less optimum when your gaming desktop computer is still using wireless N600 adapter to connect to the network.
No worries, Asus comes with high speed PCI wireless network adapter – PCE-AC68 which is powered by wireless AC1900 technology. Should your desktop still have one PCI slot available, instead of adding wireless USB adapter you better add PCI adapter to free up USB port for other purposes.
- Powered by 802.11ac Broadcom chipset dual band both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band with speeds of up to 1.900Gbps
- Stylish extended external antenna with magnetized base for flexible placement for best signal reception quality possible
- High power design for much better coverage up to 150%
- comes with custom heat sink to help dissipating heat for heavy duty non-stop operation
Unlike legacy wireless dual band adapter which is “selectable” band at a time, this PCI wireless network adapter comes with Broadcom TurboQAM chip integrated into the adapter to get the full benefit of both bands delivering up to 600Mbps in 2.4GHz band and up to 1.300Mbps in 5GHz band delivering up to total 1.900Mbps. Connect to latest Asus router models such as Asus RT-AC68U or Asus AC3200 router for highest possible wifi speeds.
TP-link Archer T9E
TP-link doesn’t want to be left behind in offering high speed PCI wireless network adapter following its success in high speed wireless AC1900 router Archer C9. It comes with Archer T9E wireless AC1900 adapter. Compared with Asus PCE-AC68 this adapter has similar design with metal heat sink and 3x external antennas, however TP-link doesn’t come with extended cable with metal base for placement.
- integrated wireless AC chipset processor with dual band technology delivering up to 1900Mbps both bands
- embedded with heat sink for cooling the adapter for heavy duty operations smoothly
- Beamforming technology for much better solid connection to the beamforming-ready router
- 3×3 2.0 dBi dual band Omni-directional external antennas
Both PCI wireless network adapters are ideal for Ultra HD video streaming and lag-free online gaming when connecting to high speed wireless network powered by wireless ac routers.
TP-link offers another version with wireless AC1750 technology – the Archer T8E. It doesn’t come with Beamforming technology as T9E does, but traditional MIMO technology.
Inateck PCI Wifi and USB 3.0 ports
People always need more and Inateck knows that. So that’s why it offers you high speed wireless AC PCI adapter plus 3x USB 3.0 ports. Unlike other vendors that only come with PCI wireless network adapter, Inateck adds more feature with three more USB 3.0 ports for your desktop computers. You can load more USB devices in your desktop computer, adding high speed USB 3.0 storage and printer in addition of keyboard and mouse.
- Wireless PCI Express card with wireless AC1200 technology
- Wifi speeds up to 300Mbps in 2.4GHz band and up to 867Mbps in 5GHz band
- Three layer power management technology, no need extra power
- Supports all Windows OS, but doesn’t support Mac and Linux
This is the ideal PCI network adapter that adds wifi adapter and three USB ports to your desktop computer. With ordinary wireless network adapter, you only buy the wifi adapter. But with this Inateck PCI adapter you buy one device featuring wifi adapter and USB 3.0 ports.
Where to purchase?
- Click here for PCE-AC68 spec details and buy in Amazon
- Click here for Archer T9E spec details and buy in Amazon
- Click here for Inateck PCI and USB 3 adapter
You may also like