TP-link TL-WA850RE Universal WiFi Range Extender
TP-link TL-WA850RE is a universal wifi N300 range extender, miniature and wall plug design with one Ethernet port to act as a wireless client.
Range extender is generally designed with normal model like wireless router in general. Since most users add a wireless extender to cover a small or wider area that cannot be reached by the wireless router, some vendors offer miniature wall-plug design range extender. TP-link offers two types of miniature wall-plug design range extenders – TL-WA750RE and TL-WA850RE. 850RE is based on wireless n300, twice as fast as WA750.
For new high speed wireless range extender, see alsoTop ten wireless range extender in the market.
What this product does
Most home users still use standard wireless N300 router (such as TP-Link WR841N or best seller Medialink N300) or wireless N300 gateway (such as TP-link W8970) to support their home wifi network. However, frequently their wifi signal cannot reach the farther corner of the house. It is therefore adding a wireless range extender helps eliminating the dead spots. TP-link TL-WA850RE is one of best seller range extender on the market, designed with compact wall-plug design.
- Boost the signal in dead spot area to reach the farthest corner of the house
- Miniature, compact and wall-plug design
- Based on wireless N300 technology
- Easily extend the signal with a push button
- Includes one Ethernet port to function as wireless clients
- Featuring smart signal indicator light to help you find best location to place
- Advanced security
The model is nice and elegant, plug into the power outlet adding the decoration of the wall while extending the wifi signal to the farthest corner of the house. Most vendors introduce wall-plug model of the wifi extenders, small and compact design blending with the wall eliminating the clutter of devices.
Easy to setup
Should you cover longer area, place the extender half-way between your router and the client to reach. Place the extender somewhat closer to your wireless router if the wifi signal is not so good enough.
To help you place in the best location, the WA850RE comes with signal light indicator on the front panel. Make sure to have minimum 3 signal lights (recommended for good performance) to place the extender to indicate that signal received from your wireless access point.
Configuration via PC
You can configure the WA850RE after installation by accessing the device from your computer web browser. This extender includes a web-based utility to help you configure the device, type in the http://tplinkextender.net in the address field of the browser. The default user name and password is admin (lower case). Or you can access the IP address, default is192.168.0.254.
You can configure the extender in one of two operation modes:
- Range extender mode 1 to let the device to work as a proxy between wireless stations and root device if the devices are not WDS compatible
- Range extender mode 2 to let your device help the wireless stations communicate with root device directly and efficiently, must support WDS
As the wireless client
When your Ethernet-based devices (such as XBOX, Blu-Ray, or other desktop computers) require connecting to the wireless network, you can connect this WA850RE to act as the wireless client. With the included one Ethernet port you can connect using network cable to the Ethernet port of the device.
- High speed up to 300mbps
- Wall-plug design
- Single band only
To support dual band environment, you may consider Netgear WN3500RP which is also wall-plug design, delivering up to 300Mbps each band ideal in extending your dual band wireless router such as Netgear WNDR4000 or WNDRMAC wireless dual band routers.
You may also like:
- Netgear XE6200 wireless ac range extender new wireless ac based Range extender
- TP-link WA7510n high power CPE 5GHz – 150Mbps based extender
- Amped high power 600mW outdoor Access point