Top 5 Wireless AC Access Point Products
Here are top 5 affordable wireless ac access point products for businesses available in the market today, wireless access point ac you may consider.
WAP AC for businesses
Unlike home wireless access point (WAP) products which typically can be configured with multimode operation, business class WAP typically comes with single mode of operation as the wireless AP that connects to the Ethernet port of your network switch.
Moreover, business class access point comes with POE support to help you easily install the product in location where no power outlet is available such as on ceiling or on the height of the wall. Access point with POE supports you just run a single network cable either CAT5e or CAT6 type UTP cable.
The other feature that business class WAP supports is the capability of being managed centrally together with tens or hundreds of other WAP products via something like a wireless management software, and even some models have the capability of managing the WAP products multi-site multi-tenancy. This feature is ideal for enterprise or corporation with multi business units spread all over the world.
Top 5 models
There bunch of wireless ac access point models in the market today from different networking vendors including EnGenius, Linksys, D-link, Ubiquiti and Alfa. Upgrading your existing wifi network with next generation of AC network is more advantage the fact that AC networks provide you higher bandwidth that can accommodate more clients than legacy wireless N networks. For long range wifi network you may consider affordable products by TP-link – the CPE510 long range wifi outdoor AP.
Here are top 5 models of business class wireless ac access point you may consider for upgrading your current business network.
EnGenius offers you various models of WAP products including those that based on latest wave 2 wireless AC technology and one of them is this one – the EnGenius EAP1300. as you might guess that this product based on wireless AC1300 technology, the EAP1300 delivers dual band simultaneously with total bandwidth of up to 1,300Mbps both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band. Each of the device is tag with affordable price of around $100.
- Based on wave 2 802.11ac wireless AC1300 simultaneous dual band
- Speeds up to 867Mbps @ 5GHz band and up to 400Mbps @ 2.4GHz band
- Internal antennas with integrated Omni-directional 1 x 2.4 GHz: 5 dBi; 1 x 5 GHz: 5 dBi;
- POE supports and gigabit Ethernet port
- Optimizing WLAN bandwidth
- Quad-Core Processor, 717 MHz “Turbo Engine”
- EnGenius EZ controller for wireless network management
This model is like other business class wireless ac access point devices, a ceiling mountable model. With POE supports you can connect the devices easily with single CAT5e or CAT6 UTP cable up to 100 meters to the nearest POE switch.
Linksys introduces three models of WAP products for businesses including LAPN600 based on N600, LAPAC1200 based on wifi AC1200 and LAPAC1750 based on AC1750 network segments. Linksys LAPAC1200 is one of affordable business class wireless ac access point to support your business network. The good thing with this product is that it comes with single management control software for clustering. Features are almost similar with the one offered by EnGenius above, ceiling mountable and POE supports and more.
- Based on latest 802.11AC technology in AC1200 segment
- Dual band simultaneous speeds of up to 860Mbps on 5GHz band and up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- POE supports for easy deployment on ceiling
- High security standard including WPA/WPA2, rogue AP detection and more
- IPv6 supports
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- High power amplifiers for better wifi coverage
- Clustering for single point control
Price tag is currently not much different with EnGenius, slightly more expensive than EnGenius as discussed above.
Ubiquiti UniFi AC Lite AP
It’s gone the day when you used to use the hardware wifi controller to manage multiple WAPs, today you can manage thousands of WAP devices even unlimited numbers by using a single unified management system. Ubiquiti comes with intuitive unify controller software to let you manage and control thousands of WAP devices centrally, even spread in multi-site globally. Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE-US is one of the best business class wireless ac access point products you may consider to upgrade your existing wifi network.
- Based on wireless 802.11ac in AC1200 segment
- 2x 3dBi dual band internal antennas with 2×2 MIMO technology
- Speeds up to 867Mbps on 5GHz and up to 300Mbps in 2.4GHz band
- Supports MIMO technology
- POE supports
- Intuitive Unifi controller software
- Expandable unlimitedly from small to large network with single management unified software
- Gigabit Ethernet port
This is one of the best wireless access point ac products available in the market today for businesses, you can start from single device to unlimited numbers with single management software.
Building a large scale wifi network is easier today with multiple wireless ac access point devices and is easier to manage with central management software.
D-link DAP2660 is one of business class wireless ac access point products you may consider for upgrading your aging wifi network. The good thing with this product is the load balancing and band steering features. Like the other business class WAP products offered by EnGenius, Linksys and Ubiquiti this product comes with free central management software. It’s based on AC1200 in addition of AC1750-based WAP such as DAP-2695 AC1750 AP.
- Based on wifi AC1200
- Simultaneous dual band speeds of up to 867Mbps on 5GHz band and up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- Advanced features such as QoS, load balancing, band steering and airtime fairness
- High security business class features
- POE supports with Gigabit port
- Wall/ceiling mountable housing with 2x 3dBi internal antennas for 2.4GHz and 2x 4dBi internal antennas for 5GHz band
- Comes with free D-link central wifi manager controller software with bandwidth optimization, captive portal and radio frequency optimization
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The management software is like other central wifi management offered by Ubiquiti, EnGenius and Linksys can be used to control up to 500 AP devices in multi-site, multi-tenancy wireless networks. You can host the software on local computer or hosted in cloud.
The last top 5 wireless ac access point products you may consider is Alfa AP120C, product made in Taiwan. Like other business class wireless access point ac products, it’s wall/ceiling mountable model.
- Based on wireless AC1200 technology
- Simultaneous dual band total bandwidth of up to 867Mbps + 300Mbps
- Multimode AP; point-to-point and point to multi point WDS
- VAP supports up to 16SSIDs with traffic control each SSID
- Dynamic Channel Selection for noisy environment
The price tagged is under $100, cheap for business class network. Click the following link for product details and shop from Amazon.
For homes you may consider one of best seller top 10 range extender products including TP-link RE590T touch screen extender should your network is limited and to eliminate dead zones. Try also another model from Open Mesh – the Open-Mesh A62 Universal Tri-Band with wave 2 wifi technology.
Business class wireless ac access point products are typically designed with wall/ceiling mountable housing, easy to install with POE supports. Moreover, assure for large number of devices deployment your wireless access point ac products offer you central wifi management software.