Popular Wireless AX wifi6 Adapters
With the emerging of many wifi router products that use 6th generation (802.11ax) of wifi technology, of course you want to replace your current wifi adapter which is still based on 802.11a / g / n with this wifi6-based wifi adapter to get optimal data throughput when connected to a wifi6 network.
Wireless ax adapters
When you want to switch to WiFi6 router, for example Netgear Rax80 or Asus Rt-Ax88u the question arises “what for if there is no wireless adapter that supports it, wouldn’t it be useless, wide bandwidth not supported by clients with adapters with the same technology?” Here it is, few models of wireless ax adapters that support your router with wireless ax technology.
If your current wifi router is still based on wireless AC, can you still communicate with Wifi6-based adapters? Of course you can because almost all wifi6-based products will be backward compatible with wireless 6 technology.
Here are few models with wifi6 (802.11ax) technology.
1. Ufon wifi6 ax200
This product is one of the wifi6 adapters for your desktop that is inserted in one of the PCIe slots on the motherboard. Indeed, how to install it is rather complicated for most people except the technicians.
- Wireless ax adapter Wifi6 technology for desktop with PCIe with dual band
- Wifi speeds up to 2.4Gbps @5Ghz and up to 574Mbps @2.4Ghz
- Powered by Intel AX200 inside with 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax wifi6 technology
- and compatible with all wifi routers with maximum throughput up to 1.7 Gbps
- Supports new WPA3 more secure wifi security
- Comes with Bluetooth 5.0
- 5dBi dual band external high gain antennas with magnetic base
- Windows 10 64-bit, Linux supports
- It’s not designed for laptops
This Ufon wireless ax adapter for PCIe desktop is suitable for your existing gaming desktop. Of course, the motherboard is available with a PCIe slot, and an external high gain 5dBi antenna with a magnetic base can be attached to a metal-based casing on the desktop or higher place for better signal reception.
2. Fenvi PCIe AX200 wifi6 adapter
Wifi adapter with a heavy duty task either for gaming or ultra HD video streaming certainly causes heat on the adapter. Unlike the Ufon we have discussed above, the Fenvi PCIe AX adapter is equipped with an advanced heat sink to release excessive adapter heat.
Both Ufon and Fenci are both equipped with Intel Inside AX200, so technically spec and performance are the same including Bluetooth 5.0 technology that allows connection of a Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth keyboard, speaker or Bluetooth mouse.
- Same as Ufon, this product is powered by Intel Inside AX200 and is designed for PCIe desktop with Windows 10 supports
- Dual band wifi ax with speeds up to 2.4Gbps @5Ghz and up to 574Mbps @2.4Ghz
- Backward compatible with 802.11 b/g/n/ac technology
- Supports new WPA3 more secure wifi security
- Embedded with Bluetooth 5.0 technology for all Bluetooth devices connection
- Supports 80Mhz and 160Mhz channel for smart home devices with no buffering
- Comes with external antennas with long 100cm antenna cable to the magnetic base antenna
- This is a PCIe adapter for desktop, not for laptop
The two wifi ax adapters above are PCIe adapter cards which can only be used on desktop PCs with PCIe slots, cannot be used for laptops with USB ports. However, Ufon also released a wireless ax adapter for laptops in the form of slots such as SSD memory.
3. wifi ax adapter for laptop
Just like the wifi ax for desktop in the form of a PCIe adapter that requires little effort by opening the desktop casing to install the wireless ax adapter into the PCIe slot on the motherboard, the Ufon wireless ax adapter for laptops also needs to open the laptop cover with exiting M.2 connector standard key A or E socket that is usually printed with the “WiFi” logo.
Just like the two PCIe adapters above, this adapter card is also equipped with Intel Inside AX200 and can only be used on laptops with Windows 10 64-bit.
All of the wifi ax adapters above are very good to be paired with all models of wireless ax routers that currently have enlivened the market including Netgear rax40 ax3000 with 4 streams or Asus and Netgear AX11000 wifi6 routers with 12 streams.
Or you can also use them to connect to mesh wifi network system based on wireless ac such as the Linksys mr8300 mesh wifi router, a wireless mesh router that can be expanded to wider coverage by adding Linksys velop nodes. Or some models of wifi mesh systems like Asus Lyra Trio vs Orbi by Netgear, or Meshforce M3 vs. Linksys velop system.