When we live in a rural area where wired internet network services are not available but can still receive signals from cellular network (4g services) to be able to access the internet with mobile devices, how to share this 4g internet network at home? Netgear introduces Orbi Lbr20 4G LTE mesh wifi router to address this solution.
So far, the demand for mesh wifi routers to share the internet from cable or fiber network providers is very high and most vendors introduces various models of mesh wifi routers but only few vendors are interested in producing 4g lte mesh router. Previously, Netgear released Orbi cbk750 which is a mesh wifi router with built-in DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, and also Orbi Cbk40 AC2200 with built-in DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and now Netgear releases Orbi Lbr20 mesh 4g lte router.
What this product does
Orbi Lbr20 is a simultaneous dual band ac2200 mesh wifi router with built-in cellular modem to share your 4g Lte internet with all internet-based devices in home up to 2,000 sq ft.
4G LTE modem
Orbi Lbr20 comes with built-in 4G LTE cable modem. Just one nano SIM card that is inserted into the Orbi lbr20, you can share cellular internet to all your mobile devices at home, up to 20 devices and of course not as fast as cable or fiber internet access in cities even though this device technically supports internet speeds of up to 1.2Gbps downstream.
And the good thing about this device is that it can also be used as a mesh wifi router in general, with the availability of one Gigabit WAN port that can be connected to a cable modem or fiber network. And it can also failover to cellular networks when your cable modem network experiences disconnection problems.
In general, almost all models of Orbi mesh wifi system are designed with simultaneous tri-band and with dedicated backhaul as communication link between nodes (mesh Orbi router and Orbi satellite) so that there are only two radio bands for client’s connected devices needs, including Orbi Cbk750 and Orbi Cbk40 mesh wifi routers with built-in cable modem. Except Orbi rbk10 which is designed for the ac1200 network segment which is designed for dual band and share backhaul.
To extend the coverage you can any Orbi satellite models including Orbi Rbs20-100nas ac2200 to add up to 2000sq ft more coverage.
- Simultaneous Tri-band 4G LTE AC2200 mesh wifi router with MU-MIMO
- Wifi speeds of up to 400Mbps @2.4GHz plus 866Mbps @5GHz plus 866Mbps @5GHz
- Dedicated backhaul link @5GHz 866Mbps 2×2 MIMO between Orbi router and Orbi satellite
- Built-in 4G LTE modem up to 1.2Gbps 4G LTE band
- Failover to 4G when wired Internet fails
- Works with major service providers, including AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
- Coverage up to 2,000 sq ft, you may add Orbi satellite to extend coverage including Orbi Rbs50, Rbs50y, Rbs40, Rbs40v, Rbs20, And Rbw30
- Implicit & Explicit Beamforming for 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands, MU-MIMO
- 2x external SMA type antenna ports (antenna not included)
- 2x Gigabit 1x WAN + 1x LAN ports
- Netgear Armor – advanced cyber threat protection by Bitdefender
- Works with Alexa and Google assistant
For rural areas Orbi Lbr20 is ideal solution and when you move to cities where wired internet providers are available you can still use this Orbi Lbr20 as mesh wifi system with Lte backup when wired internet is disconnected. Click the link below to shop in Amazon (#ads) or learn more spec details.
Click here to SHOP Orbi Lbr20 (#ad) in Amazon
For small to medium home with cable provider, you may like to see new products offered by Motorola or Arris. See new release Motorola mg8725 ax6000 wifi 6 router with built-in docsis 3.1 cable modem.