Business Wireless AC Access Points
Various models of wireless ac access point for businesses mostly indoor usage including Linksys LAPAC1750, TP-link EAP320 and Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite
Why business wireless access point?
Unlike home wireless access point which is typically installed standalone in homes or small office home office (SOHO), business wireless access point is typically deployed in large numbers of AP device spread out in large numbers of area to cover including in large office buildings, plants, schools, campuses, and apartments.
In homes, you can configure some models of wireless routers to work as a wireless access point such as new Linksys EA7500 and D-link 879 AC1900 routers. When you find some dead zones you can add wireless range extender such as Asus RP-AC68U and EX7000. Some models of wireless APs are designed for long range coverage such as TP-link CPE-510.
Wireless AC access point
Large numbers of people with their computer devices including desktops, laptops and various models of mobile devices either iOS or Android and even Windows Phone devices are now taken with them to the offices or campuses for getting hotspots connection. And even in corporate wifi networks their mobile devices are registered formally as authorized devices for connecting to corporate wifi networks.
With large number of devices connect to the corporate networks, the bandwidth should be wide enough to accommodate those mobile devices as well as desktop and laptop devices. Choosing wireless AC access point is the only choice to provide high bandwidth wifi networks to accommodating high density devices. see also D-link DAP-2695 which is designed with AC1750 technology, first D-link flagship in AC AP device.
Mostly business class wireless AP is indoor AP with POE supports, this POE feature helps you deploy in ceilings and walls without providing power outlets near the AP device where you deploy. Just a single CAT5e or CAT6 network cable for transmitting both data and power from each of the business wireless access point devices (with POE feature) to the nearest POE switches.
Deploying large numbers of AP devices in businesses requires AP products that are easy to install and manage centrally, and moreover much better when you can manage them remotely and across remote sites globally spread across business units within your corporate networks.
Ubiquity UAP-AC-LITE-US is one of best business wireless access point devices. it’s a wireless ac access point device ideal for enterprise class high speed networks deployment in large numbers of AP devices indoor usage within office buildings, campuses or schools. It’s easy to install and manage locally or remotely or even you can install in either private or public cloud network.
- Can be deployed in large numbers of devices with included a non-dedicated software controller
- Comes with high speed wireless AC access point with MIMO antenna technology
- Simultaneous dual band with 2x dual band 3dBi internal antennas
- Easy to use intuitive Unifi Controller Software to helps you manage and configure the AP devices
- Single unified management system from single AP device up to thousands of devices – easy to expand unlimited scalability
- Save money and time
This business wireless access point product is as light as 170 grams, easy to install in ceilings or walls with Gigabit POE Ethernet supports.
Please note that, Ubiquiti introduces more powerful business class wireless ac access point – Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD wave 2 AP that supports Multi User MIMO technology (MU-MIMO).
Linksys LAPAC1750 is a business wireless access point product based on wireless AC1750 dual-band technology delivering total bandwidth of up to 1,750Mbps. This wireless AC access point product is featuring range boost with high power antennas to cover wider range. It comes with single point control software to help you manage and control multiple wireless access point devices for simplifying administration.
- Based on wireless AC1750 technology
- High power internal antennas with 3×3 MIMO technology 1.7dBi @ 2.4GHz band and 1.9dBi @5GHz band
- Single point control software for clustering
- Captive portal for customized wifi hotspots
- POE supports with Gigabit RJ-45 ports
- Mounting – ceiling, wall and desktop
- High security features
Unlike Ubiquiti which is configured solely as the general wireless access point, Linksys LAPAC1750 can be configured in three modes – as wireless access point, WDS and Workgroup. Compared with Ubiquiti which weight around 170 grams, this Linksys wireless ac access point weights around 500 grams.
For newer model and much better performance, you may consider new Linksys LAPAC2600 wave 2 AP. Click here for comparison between Linksys LAPAC2600 and Netgear WAC740.
Unlike both Ubiquiti and Linksys above, this business wireless access point is categorized into long range wireless ac access point with 6x 5dBi internal 3D sectored antenna arrays. It’s lighter than Linksys which weighs around 280 grams compared with Linksys which weighs around 550 grams.
- Based on wireless AC1750 technology
- Band steering to relieve network congestion
- Speeds of up to 1300Mbps in 5GHz band + 450Mbps in 2.4GHz band
- 6x 3D sectored internal antenna array to minimize RF interference
- POE supports
- Free download EnGenius EZ controller to manage large numbers of AP devices
This high power business wireless access point is long range AP device, ceiling mount and is featuring fast roaming ideal for large buildings with multiple storey.
A slightly faster speed at 2.4Ghz band which is wireless ac1900 based technology offered by TP-link – the TP-link EAP330 wireless ac access point. It’s still an economical model of ceiling mount wireless AP for small to medium businesses like campuses, small offices, restaurant etc and it can be deployed easily up to hundreds of AP and is controlled with free Auranet management system.
- Based on wireless AC1900 dual band ac access point
- Wifi speeds of up to 1300Mbps @5Ghz plus up to 600Mbps @2.4Ghz
- Business grade product with airtime fairness, beamforming, band steering
- Free auranet management system managing up to hundreds products easily
- Two gigabit Ethernet ports with POE supports
- Link aggregate for two Gigabit Ethernet ports for high bandwidth requirement
Compared with EnGenius and Ubiquiti, TP-link EAP330 is nearly the same – software based wireless ac access point. The price is almost the same.
You may also like the newer version of EAP225 v3 compared with EnGenius
Another model of wireless ac access point in flexible four modes you can select is offered by Netgear WAC series – the Netgear WAC730 wireless ac1750 access point. You can deploy in a single stand alone mode, ensemble mode for up to 10APs deployment, controller mode or business central mode.
It’s based on wireless ac1750 with 3×3 MIMO technology.
- Business class wireless ac dual band access point with 3×3 MIMO
- Dual band AC1750 speeds up to 1300Mbps @5Ghz and up to 450Mbps @2.4Ghz
- Flexible quad mode for easy deployment
- In ensemble modem you can deploy up to 10APs without software or hardware controller in a single cluster
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet POE supports
Compared with the above products, Netgear WAC730 is tagged with more expensive price.
Another choises for your businesses you may consider another model of TP-link EAP245, Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD and Netgear WAC740. See here business class POE wireless AC Access Point.