Best Wireless Access Point Indoor
In every vendor with various models of product series released to the market there will usually always be one model that is becoming popular and becoming one of the best in the market, as well as poe wifi access point products. Which are the best POE wifi access point indoor products from each of the vendor that becomes popular and best-selling in the market today?
In this article
- POE Wifi Access Point
- Best wifi access point by each vendor
POE wifi AP
Most networking devices which connect to internet network or business computer network feature POE (power over Ethernet) – the capability of transporting data and power using a single UTP network cable. POE device helps you to eliminate power outlet near the device especially in location where providing power is difficult such as on ceiling or at the height of a tower.
For this reason, the selection of POE wifi access points for your business wifi network needs is a must for easy installation and management.
Reduce installation overhead
You need to provide a single UTP cable from each of devices to the POE switch when more POE connections are required. Or you need POE injector when a single or couple of POE connection is required, for saving cost. Devices with POE feature are mostly used to reduce complication in running power outlets and to simplify deployment such as for security camera and wifi access point. It is therefore, assure to select devices with POE feature to support your business network including selecting wireless AP. Deploying large numbers of POE wifi access point reduces network installation overhead.
For small to medium businesses, which one is best wifi access point by each networking vendor with top rated in Amazon up to end of 2019 and probably still at their position in 2020? and affordable product to meet your businesses among the following AP vendors – Ubiuiti, TP Link, EnGenius, Linksys and Open mesh.
Best Wireless access point
Small businesses normally demand high performance POE wifi access point products with affordable budget for deploying wireless network to support mobile devices which today become unstoppable to connect to corporate network, the reasonable products without sacrificing the performance.
Which best wireless access point is to meet your small businesses with affordable budget?
1. TP-link EAP-225 v3
Omada eap225 v3 is one of the best wifi access points released by TP link to support your company’s wifi network needs. Affordable prices without compromising your network performance make this product the choice for industry, school, office or campus. This product is a tight competitor for Ubiquiti uap-ac-lite for business needs.
With the enhancement of this product so that it supports MU-MIMO technology to ensure your investment in the future does not miss the next wifi technology that is developing and evolving so fast, even though it is connected with WiFi 6 technology. For enterprise needs, this product is very suitable considering the Omada series offers Free Cloud access for centralized management.
- Simultaneous dual band AC1350 technology delivers 450Mbps @2.4GHz and 867Mbps @5GHz with MU-MIMO, beamforming, band Steering to deliver best performance with Free EAP Controller Software
- 3 Internal Omni antennas; 2.4GHz: 4dBi; 5GHz: 5dBi high gain antennas for wider coverage
- Interface: 1x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) Port Support IEEE802.3af PoE and Passive PoE
- Can be powered by Switch 802.3af/802.3at Poe+ Gigabit Poe Adapter (12VDC,1.5A) Power Supply
- wall / ceiling mounting with kits
Affordable price with MU-MIMO support makes this product becomes one of best wireless access point in the market offered by tp link with AC1350 network segment.
Should you require higher bandwidth, TP-link offers affordable EAP-245 AC1750 with higher price off course, and the higher speed is TP-link EAP330 AC1900. See also spec comparison EAP-245 and Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite.
To learn more spec detail, current price and rating and purchase in Amazon, click the link below:
The competing products for TP Link is Ubiquiti and EnGenius which the prices are lower than competing products such as from Linksys and Open mesh.
2. Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC Lite
Another option you may also consider is Ubiquiti POE wifi access point products ranging from affordable business class products such as Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite up to high end Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-HD based on wave 2 wifi technology with MU-MIMO features.
Unifi AP-AC Lite is almost similar with TP-link EAP225, managed by non-dedicated software controller you can host either in local PC, private cloud or even in public cloud to allow you manage multi-sites environment. Start from single device and then you can expand as many as you require, unlimited scalability.
- Based on wireless AC1200 speeds of up to 867Mbps @5Ghz and 300Mbps @2.4Ghz, slightly lower speed compared with eap225 @2.4Ghz band
- 2×2 MIMO technology with 2x dual band antenna @ 3dBi each. Compared with eap225 v3 with MU-MIMO and higher gain antenna
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port with POE support
- Intuitive UniFi Controller Software for central management of multi-sites environment, non-dedicated software can host in local PC, private or public cloud. You can scale up up to thousands of APs with centralized management, yes Unlimited scalability with central management
Ubiquiti Unifi UPA-AC-Lite is one of the best POE wifi access point offered by Ubiquiti for small to medium sized business, competing product for TP-link EAP-225 v3 that comes with MU-MIMO.
3. EnGenius EAP1300EXT
One of the best wireless access point released by Engenius is EAP1300EXT which is one of the competitors of Tplink and Ubiquiti above. Physically compared to the two products above that are designed with an internal antenna, the Engenius EAP1300EXT is designed with 4x external antennas with 2×2 MU-MIMO technology, which is technically 30% faster than 3×3 SU-MIMO technology. This model is based on wave 2 wifi technology with total bandwidth of up to 1300Mbps dual band simultaneous (867+400Mbps).
- Future of wave 2 wifi technology with EnGenius EnTurbo technology to boost speed performance.
- Ready with future of IoT devices
- Based on 2×2 MU-MIMO technology for faster data throughput for multiple devices with MU-MIMO supoprt
- Powered by Qualcomm 717 MHz Quad-Core 4x ARM Cortex A7 processor to boost the performance
- Wifi speeds of up to 867Mbps @5Ghz band and up to 400Mbps @2.4Ghz band
- 4x detachable external antennas with high gain antennas 2 x 5 dBi @2.4 GHz and 2 x 5 dBi @ 5GHz
- 1x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port with POE supports
- Multi mode of operations: AP, WDS AP or WDS Bridge
- ezMaster network management analytics and reporting
with the price tagged under $120, you will find this product is vary valuable to support your small to medium businesses. To learn more spec details, current price and rated and Shop in Amazon, click product link below.
Now compare the three products above from TP link, Ubiquiti and EnGenius with the following Open mesh and Linksys which their products are slightly more expensive for some of the models.
Note: Engenius introduced new wireless ax (wifi 6) access point – see Engenius wifi ax access point.
4. Linksys LAPAC2600C
Another model you may also consider is Linksys LAPAC2600C – a high performance wireless AC2600 POE access point offered by Linksys with wave 2 MU-MIMO technology. it comes with dual band 4×4 data streams with aggregated bandwidth up to 2.53Gbps. Of course this model is premium one with wave 2 technology and wide bandwidth for more data throughput demand compared with the first two products TP link EAP225 and Ubiquiti.
It’s ideal for offices which provide guest networking in public area such as meeting room, lobby room for wifi hotspots with captive portal to allow guest users direct to authentication web page for accessing the internet.
The other good thing is the clustering for single point control to allow you manage multiple APs with single point control.
- Dual band wireless AC2600 access point with wave 2 MU-MIMO technology for multiple clients data streams concurrently
- 4×4 data stream dual band delivering speeds up to 1733Mbps @5Ghz plus 800Mbps @2.4Ghz band
- Internal antennas with 4.4 dBi @2.4GHz; 5.2 dBi @5GHz antenna gain, almost the same gain as engenius and tplink above
- Clustering for single point control
- Captive portal for directing guest users to customized wifi hotspot with authentication
- Ideal for high bandwidth tasks such as video conferencing and cloud storage, the good thing that it comes with centralized cloud manager system
- Roaming seamlessly
LAPAC2600 is one of best wireless access point introduced by Linksys for small to medium businesses with captive portal and single point control clustering.
5. Open Mesh A60 Series
Unlike other wireless POE access point products with either wireless hardware controller or software base controller software, Open mesh A60 or A40 series is cloud-managed wifi access point.
Open Mesh A60 or A40 series is ideal for small to medium businesses such as retail shops, restaurants or offices to allow you start from single product up to hundred’s from one single site location up to thousands of remote locations, easy to deploy and centrally managed using cloud-based management system.
- Cloud-base managed wireless ac access point, no license fee
- Easy scalability – Start from single AP up to thousands deployment easily and centrally managed
- Dual band AC1750 (A60) speeds up to 1300Mbps @5GHz and up to 450Mbps @2.4GHz. The A40 series is based on AC1200
- 6 internal antennas with 3×3 MIMO
- Self-forming and self healing mesh
- Up to 4 SSIDs
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet and 1 USB ports
- Includes a license for CloudTrax, Open-Mesh’s cloud-based network controller. No on-site server required.
- Solid housing with water and dust resistant
One unit Open Mesh A60 series is ideal for higher density clients users between 50~100 users while the other model A40 is designed for lower user’s density around 30~50 users. You may design your office environment either using A40 or A60 combinations of A40 and A60 series.
The Open Mesh A60 series is tagged with more expensive than EnGenius EAP1300ext or TP-link EAP225. To learn more spec and manufacturer’s details click the link below:
This model is designed for indoor usage, you may consider Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-PRO with Unifi wireless controller software that can be hosted locally or in private or public cloud.
Note: Open Mesh networking is now taken / purchased by Datto Networking as the future of Open Mesh Networking.
Deploying business class wireless network, you should choose POE wireless access point products for easy installation. For affordable products, you may consider best wireless access point offered by TP-link, Ubiquiti or EnGenius. TP-link EAP225, Ubiquiti UAP-AC Lite and EnGenius are three of best wireless access point products in the market with reasonable price. For more robust network, more clients density you may consider Open Mesh A60 series or Linksys LAPAC2600 series.