Best PoE Wifi Access Point Indoor
Which one is best POE wireless ac access point product among Ubiuiti, TP Link, EnGenius, Linksys and Open mesh wireless POE access point to meet your indoor officeses or any small businesses.
In this article
- POE Wifi AP
- Best wifi access point for small business
POE wifi AP
Most networking devices which connect to internet network or business computer network feature POE (power over Ethernet) – the capability of transporting data and power using a single UTP network cable. POE device helps you to eliminate power outlet near the device especially in location where providing power is difficult such as on ceiling or at the height of a tower.
Reduce installation overhead
You need to provide a single UTP cable from each of devices to the POE switch when more POE connections are required. Or you need POE injector when a single or couple of POE connection is required, for saving cost. Devices with POE feature are mostly used to reduce complication in running power outlets and to simplify deployment such as for security camera and wifi access point. It is therefore, assure to select devices with POE feature to support your business network including selecting wireless AP. Deploying large numbers of POE wifi access point reduces network installation overhead.
For small to medium businesses, which one is best wifi access point, affordable product to meet your businesses among the following AP vendors – Ubiuiti, TP Link, EnGenius, Linksys and Open mesh.
Best wifi access point for small business
Small businesses normally demand high performance POE wifi access point products with affordable budget for deploying wireless network to support mobile devices which today become unstoppable to connect to corporate network.
Which best wireless access point is to meet your small businesses with affordable budget?
TP-link EAP-225 is one of best wireless access point products for small businesses, the best POE wifi access point products with reasonable price to meet lower budget. Setup and installation is easy with free TP-link Auranet controller software, no need of wireless controller hardware like the CAP series for easy network management.
- Based on wireless ac1200 network segment
- 2×2 MIMO technology dual band with 4x internal Omni antennas @4dBi
- Band steering technology
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port with POE supports
- Can be powered by Switch 802.3af/802.3at Poe+ Gigabit Poe Adapter (12VDC,1.5A) Power Supply
- POE supports 802.3af
- Free TP-link Auranet controller software to allow you manage hundreds of EAP from a single location
TP-link EAP225 delivers total bandwidth of up to 1200Mbps (867Mbps @5Ghz band and up to 300Mbps @2.4Ghz band. Should you require higher bandwidth, TP-link offers affordable EAP-245 AC1750 with higher price off course, and the higher speed is TP-link EAP330 AC1900. See also spec comparison EAP-245 and Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite.
To learn more spec detail, current price and rating and purchase in Amazon, click the link below:
The competing products for TP Link is Ubiquiti and EnGenius which the prices are lower than competing products such as from Linksys and Open mesh.
Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite
Another option you may also consider is Ubiquiti POE wifi access point products ranging from affordable business class products such as Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite up to high end Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-HD based on wave 2 wifi technology with MU-MIMO features.
Unifi AP-AC Lite is almost similar with TP-link EAP225, managed by non-dedicated software controller you can host either in local PC, private cloud or even in public cloud to allow you manage multi-sites environment. Start from single device and then you can expand as many as you require, unlimited scalability.
- Based on wireless AC1200 speeds of up to 867Mbps @5Ghz and 300Mbps @2.4Ghz
- 2×2 MIMO technology with 2x dual band antenna @ 3dBi each
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port with POE support
- Intuitive UniFi Controller Software for central management of multi-sites environment, non-dedicated software can host in local PC, private or public cloud
- Unlimited scalability with central management
Ubiquiti Unifi AC Lite is around 35% more expensive than TP-link EAP-225. UAP AC Lite is one of best wireless access point products with affordable price for large scale deployment you may starts from couple of APs.
Another option you may consider is the newer product offered by EnGenius – the EnGenius EAP1300EXT. This model is based on wave 2 wifi technology with total bandwidth of up to 1300Mbps dual band simultaneous (867+400Mbps). The good thing is that this product is ready with MU-MIMO technology (2×2 MU-MIMO) which is technically 30% faster than 3×3 SU-MIMO technology.
If you compare with the above two models of TP-link EAP225 and Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite, EnGenius EAP1300EXT is equipped with four external antennas with Beamforming technology and the good news is that EnGenius comes with wave 2 wireless technology.
- Future of wave 2 wifi technology with EnGenius EnTurbo technology to boost speed performance.
- Ready with future of IoT devices
- Based on 2×2 MU-MIMO technology
- Powered by Qualcomm 717 MHz Quad-Core 4x ARM Cortex A7 processor to boost the performance
- Wifi speeds of up to 867Mbps @5Ghz band and up to 400Mbps @2.4Ghz band
- 4x detachable external antennas with high gain antennas 2 x 5 dBi @2.4 GHz and 2 x 5 dBi @ 5GHz
- 1x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port with POE supports
- Multi mode of operations: AP, WDS AP or WDS Bridge
- ezMaster network management analytics and reporting
with the price tagged under $120, you will find this product is vary valuable to support your small to medium businesses.
Now compare the three products above from TP link, Ubiquiti and EnGenius with the following Open mesh and Linksys which their products are slightly more expensive for some of the models.
Open Mesh A60 Series
Unlike other wireless POE access point products with either wireless hardware controller or software base controller software, Open mesh A60 or A40 series is cloud-managed wifi access point.
Open Mesh A60 or A40 series is ideal for small to medium businesses such as retail shops, restaurants or offices to allow you start from single product up to hundred’s from one single site location up to thousands of remote locations, easy to deploy and centrally managed using cloud-based management system.
- Cloud-base managed wireless ac access point, no license fee
- Easy scalability – Start from single AP up to thousands deployment easily and centrally managed
- Dual band AC1750 (A60) speeds up to 1300Mbps @5GHz and up to 450Mbps @2.4GHz. The A40 series is based on AC1200
- 6 internal antennas with 3×3 MIMO
- Self-forming and self healing mesh
- Up to 4 SSIDs
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet and 1 USB ports
- Includes a license for CloudTrax, Open-Mesh’s cloud-based network controller. No on-site server required.
- Solid housing with water and dust resistant
One unit Open Mesh A60 series is ideal for higher density clients users between 50~100 users while the other model A40 is designed for lower user’s density around 30~50 users. You may design your office environment either using A40 or A60 combinations of A40 and A60 series.
The Open Mesh A60 series is tagged with more expensive than EnGenius EAP1300ext or TP-link EAP225. To learn more spec and manufacturer’s details click the link below:
This model is designed for indoor usage, you may consider Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-PRO with Unifi wireless controller software that can be hosted locally or in private or public cloud.
Another model you may also consider is Linksys LAPAC2600 – a high performance wireless AC2600 POE access point offered by Linksys with MU-MIMO technology. it comes with dual band 4×4 data streams with aggregated bandwidth up to 2.53Gbps. Of course this model is premium one with wave 2 technology and wide bandwidth for more data throughput demand compared with the first two products TP link EAP225 and Ubiquiti.
It’s ideal for offices which provide guest networking in public area such as meeting room, lobby room for wifi hotspots with captive portal to allow guest users direct to authentication web page for accessing the internet.
The other good thing is the clustering for single point control to allow you manage multiple APs with single point control.
- Dual band wireless AC2600 access point
- Supports MU-MIMO technology for multiple clients data streams concurrently
- 4×4 data stream dual band delivering speeds up to 1733Mbps @5Ghz plus 800Mbps @2.4Ghz band
- Internal antennas with 4.4 dBi @2.4GHz; 5.2 dBi @5GHz antenna gain
- Clustering for single point control
- Captive portal for directing guest users to customized wifi hotspot with authentication
- Roaming seamlessly
Linksys LAPAC2600 is one of best POE wifi access point for small to medium businesses with captive portal and single point control clustering.
Deploying business class wireless network, you should choose POE wireless access point products for easy installation. For affordable products, you may consider best wifi access point offered by TP-link, Ubiquiti or EnGenius. TP-link EAP225, Ubiquiti UAP-AC Lite and EnGenius are three of best wireless access point products in the market with reasonable price. For more robust network, more clients density you may consider Open Mesh A60 series or Linksys LAPAC2600 series.