Best PoE Wifi Access Point Indoor
In this article
- POE Wifi AP
- Best wifi access point for small business
- Wireless AP with mesh technology
POE wifi AP
Most networking devices which connect to internet network or business computer network feature POE (power over Ethernet) – the capability of transporting data and power using a single UTP network cable. POE device helps you to eliminate power outlet near the device especially in location where providing power is difficult such as on ceiling or at the height of a tower.
Reduce installation overhead
You need to provide a single UTP cable from the device to the POE switch when more POE connections are required. Or you need POE injector when a single or couple of POE connection is required, for saving cost. Devices with POE feature are mostly used to reduce complication in running power outlets and to simplify deployment such as for security camera and wifi access point. It is therefore, assure to select devices with POE feature to support your business network including selecting wireless AP. Deploying large numbers of POE wifi access point reduces network installation overhead.
For businesses, which one is best wifi access point, affordable product to meet your businesses.
Best wifi access point for small business
Small businesses normally demand high performance POE wifi access point products with affordable budget for deploying wireless network to support mobile devices which today become unstoppable to connect to corporate network.
Which best wireless access point is to meet your small businesses with affordable budget?
TP-link EAP-225 is one of best wireless access point products, the best POE wifi access point products with affordable price to meet lower budget. Setup and installation is easy with free TP-link Auranet controller software, no need of wireless controller hardware for easy management.
- Based on wireless ac1200 network segment
- 2×2 MIMO technology dual band with 4x internal Omni antennas @4dBi
- Band steering technology
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port with POE supports
- Can be powered by Switch 802.3af/802.3at Poe+ Gigabit Poe Adapter (12VDC,1.5A) Power Supply
- POE supports 802.3af
- Free TP-link Auranet controller software to allow you manage hundreds of EAP from a single location
TP-link EAP225 delivers total bandwidth of up to 1200Mbps (867Mbps @5Ghz band and up to 300Mbps @2.4Ghz band. Should you require higher bandwidth, TP-link offers affordable EAP-245 AC1750 with higher price off course, and the higher speed is TP-link EAP330 AC1900. See also spec comparison EAP-245 and Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite.
To learn more spec detail, current price and rating and purchase in Amazon, click the link below:
Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite
Another option you may also consider is Ubiquiti POE wifi access point products ranging from affordable business class products such as Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite up to high end Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-HD based on wave 2 wifi technology with MU-MIMO features.
Unifi AP-AC Lite is almost similar with TP-link EAP225, managed by non-dedicated software controller you can host either in local PC, private cloud or even in public cloud to allow you manage multi-sites environment. Start from single device and then you can expand as many as you require, unlimited scalability.
- Based on wireless AC1200 speeds of up to 867Mbps @5Ghz and 300Mbps @2.4Ghz
- 2×2 MIMO technology with 2x dual band antenna @ 3dBi each
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port with POE support
- Intuitive UniFi Controller Software for central management of multi-sites environment, non-dedicated software can host in local PC, private or public cloud
- Unlimited scalability with central management
Ubiquiti Unifi AC Lite is around 35% more expensive than TP-link EAP-225. UAP AC Lite is one of best wireless access point products with affordable price for large scale deployment you may starts from couple of APs.
Another option you may consider is the newer product offered by EnGenius – the EnGenius EAP1300EXT. This model is based on wave 2 wifi technology with total bandwidth of up to 1300Mbps dual band simultaneous (867+400Mbps). The good thing is that this product is ready with MU-MIMO technology (2×2 MU-MIMO) which is technically 30% faster than 3×3 SU-MIMO technology.
If you compare with the above two models of TP-link EAP225 and Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC Lite, EnGenius EAP1300EXT is equipped with four external antennas with Beamforming technology.
- Future of wave 2 wifi technology with EnGenius EnTurbo technology to boost speed performance.
- Ready with future of IoT devices
- Based on 2×2 MU-MIMO technology
- Powered by Qualcomm 717 MHz Quad-Core 4x ARM Cortex A7 processor to boost the performance
- Wifi speeds of up to 867Mbps @5Ghz band and up to 400Mbps @2.4Ghz band
- 4x detachable external antennas with high gain antennas 2 x 5 dBi @2.4 GHz and 2 x 5 dBi @ 5GHz
- 1x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port with POE supports
- Multi mode of operations: AP, WDS AP or WDS Bridge
- ezMaster network management analytics and reporting
with the price tagged under $120, you will find this product is vary valuable to support your small to medium businesses.
Mesh Wireless Access Point
Wireless AP mesh technology is ideal for a specific coverage area where each node connect one to another without cable like normally wireless AP in general but connect using radio band in mesh topology. Ubiquiti offers wireless ac access point with mesh technology, Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M and UAP-AC-M-Pro each for indoor and outdoor.
Another product you may also consider is Open-Mesh MR1750-PS with cloud-based network controller, one of best wireless access point products with mesh technology.
Open-Mesh MR1750-PS is one of successful POE wifi access point product with mesh technology available in the market so far. It is capable of self forming and self healing mesh network and you can manage all installed Open Mesh APs using Cloud Trax, an Open-Mesh’s cloud-based network controller.
MR1750 with mesh technology you can deploy groups of Open mesh AP to work together and let the system form the nodes of AP in mesh topology automatically and wirelessly. In case there is network problems, the system will self healing something like failover to another node when a single node is not functioning.
- Based on wireless AC1750 network segment with 3×3 MIMO technology
- Speeds of up to 1300Mbps @5Ghz band and up to 450Mbps @2.4Ghz band
- Designed with 6x internal antennas
- High gain dual band antennas, 4dBi @2.4Ghz and 5dBi @5Ghz
- Zero configuration, self forming and self healing mesh network
- Includes a license for CloudTrax, Open-Mesh’s cloud-based network controller. No on-site server required.
- Self forming mesh network and self healing in case of network disruption with failover to active node whenever a node is failure
- One node of AP can accommodate 50~100 clients
- 1x Gigabit port with POE feature, single cable for both data and power
- Support Android-based or iOS-based mobile devices
This model is designed for indoor usage, you may consider Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-PRO with Unifi wireless controller software that can be hosted locally or in private or public cloud.
To learn more detail click the link below for current price, rating and you click the link later to read other user’s testimony.
Deploying business class wireless network, you need to choose POE wireless access point products for easy installation. For affordable products, you may consider best wifi access point offered by TP-link and Ubiquiti. TP-link EAP225 and Ubiquiti UAP-AC Lite are two of best wireless access point products in the market with affordable price. AP with mesh technology you consider Ubiquiti and Open Mesh products.
You may also consider business class Linksys AP is Linksys LAPAC2600 business pro series AP delivering total bandwidth up to 2600Mbps dual band and ready with MU-MIMO technology.
You may also consider best business class POE wireless AC access point, more costly and better and faster speed.