Asus RT-AC66U B1 vs Netgear AC1750
One of the wireless router series released by Asus with wifi 5 technology (wireless ac) is Asus RT-AC66U B1 with total speeds up to 1750Mbps. How is this product compared with similar products from Netgear AC1750 routers?
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Asus RT-AC66U B1 is a two band wifi router like first generation of Asus rt-ac66u, but there is a slight difference with the new firmware that supports AiMesh which allows this router to join other AiMesh wifi routers to form a whole home wifi system. Asus introduces several new models of wifi routers with AiMesh support including Asus rt-ac86u Aimesh wifi router and Asus rt-ax92u mesh wifi system. See also comparison between AC66U Vs Netgear R7000.
- Simultaneous dual band wifi ac1750 router with wifi speeds of up to 1300Mbps @5Ghz + up to 450Mbps @2.4Ghz
- Ideal for small to medium homes of up to 3,000 sq ft solid wifi coverage with AiRadar beamforming technology
- Parental control with Asus AiProtection Pro powered by Tred Micro – a commercial grade security for family
- AiMesh supported to join other AiMesh compatible wifi router to form a whole home wifi system
- Powered by 1Ghz dual core processor
- 5x Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2x USB ports (1x USB 2.0 and 1x USB 3.0) for printer sharing and file access with AiCloud support
- Manual firmware update
Asus rt-ac66u b1 is tagged around $80 in Amazon, still cheaper than the price of new generation of wifi 6 routers such as TP-link archer rax50 ax3000 router which is currently tagged with the price around $140.
Now back to wifi router with wifi ac which is still widely used in the amid the outbreak of the wifi mesh system and also the emergence of the 6th generation of wifi technology (wifi ax). We compare this Asus wifi ac1750 router with the wifi router model from Netgear with the same ac1750 too. See also top 10 mesh wifi system.
Asus AC1750 vs Netgear AC1750
We have discussed briefly what is the Asus RT-AC66U B1 which is the dual band Asus AC1750 Router and this time we will compare it with similar products from the Netgear AC1750 Routers. There are three models of wifi routers offered by Netgear based on ac1750 technology namely Netgear R6300 which is the first generation of ac1750 wifi router. Then followed by other two models Netgear R6350 and Netgear R6400.
These three models either R6300, R6350 and R6400 are ac1750 based wifi routers with a total speed of up to 1750Mbps (1300Mbps @ 5Ghz + 450Mbps @ 2.4Ghz). Why does Netgear offer up to three wifi router models with the same ac1750 base? Actually these three routers have different specs and features even though they have the same ac1750 based technology.
what are the differences from these three models? I did not discuss in detail all the three models, you can read the specs of each product in the datasheet.
However, we note that there are some differences that can be summarized in the following highlight differences. All of them come with the same ac1750 and five Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Powered by Dual-Core 800 MHz processor; 128 MB flash and 256 MB RAM
- Internal antennas with WiFi Boost with high-powered radio amplifiers
- Two USB ports – 1x USB 3.0 + 1x USB 2.0
- Powered by 880MHz dual core processor; 128MB NAND flash and 128MB DDR3 RAM
- 1x USB 2.0 port
- Powered by dual core (speed unspecified) with Memory: 128 MB flash and 256 MB RAM
- 3x high power external antennas with Beamforming technology
- Two USB ports – 1x USB 3.0 + 1x USB 2.0
- Implicit & Explicit Beamforming for 5GHz
- NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender protects all your smart home devices from cyber threats or attacks including viruses, Trojans, spyware, ransomware, and more.
- VPN support for secure remote connection
- Circle® with Disney – Smart Parental Controls—Manage content and time online for all your devices
Note that the three routers differ in the processor spec, the inserted memory and also the USB port. While the R6400 has other richer features including Netgear Armor for network protection against any internet threats.
To compare the Asus RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 with Netgear AC1750, we take one of the highest features of the Netgear model, the Netgear R6400.
The following is a spec comparison table between Asus RT-AC66U B1 and Netgear AC1750 R6400. Note the comparison table below, see that the two wifi routers do not provide significant differences, the technical specs are almost the same, each security feature is also equipped with an adequate security protection system.
One thing to note is that Asus rt-ac66u b1 supports AiMesh which allows this wifi router to form a whole home mesh wifi system along with other Asus Aimesh wifi routers.
Table 1 Asus rt-ac66u B1 vs Netgear r6400
|Model||Asus RT-AC66U B1||Netgear R6400|
|Wifi technology||AC1750 simultaneous dual band||AC1750 simultaneous dual band|
|Wifi speeds||1300Mbps @5Ghz + 450Mbps @2.4Ghz||1300Mbps @5Ghz + 450Mbps @2.4Ghz|
|Antennas||3x detachable high power external antennas with AiRadar Asus technology||3x detachable external antennas|
|Ethernet Ports||4x Gigabit LAN ports + 1x Gigabit WAN port||4x Gigabit LAN ports + 1x Gigabit WAN port|
|USB Ports||1x USB 3.0 + 1x USB 2.0||1x USB 3.0 + 1x USB 2.0|
|Security||Asus AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro||Netgear Armor powered by Bitdefender security protection|
The newest flagship Asus offers today in wifi 5 AC technology is Asus RT-AC5300 three band router which delivers bandwidth up to 5300Mbps.
For extending your wifi 6 router you may consider Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 Wifi 6 Mesh Wifi Extender.